Monday, March 21, 2011

10 things you may hear at a homeless shelter

I want to share 10 statements that I have heard recently serving at the homeless shelter. Each of them has significant meaning and were shared by guys who really want to be in a better place. (both physically and spiritually)

"I know that I am better than this."
"I want to change but I just can't."
"My children don't care about me anymore."
"I would like to get my family back."
"Would you happen to have a pair of shoes?"
"No one would care if I died."
"I would really like to have a home."
"I know that I'm an alcoholic - I need help."
"We really appreciate you guys bringing us food."
"Will you pray for me?"

I read something recently that I also want to share. "We are called to do two essential things: announce the good news of the coming of the kingdom of God and salvation through Jesus Christ, and provide signs of God's redemption by doing good works that God has prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).


For the sake of His name,

Craig

7 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

Thanks for sharing this reminder about the worth of souls. I appreciate it.

Eric Degen said...

goldkurs gold money

hey dude nice blog

look at my blog , if u like comment ;)

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

Hi Craig, that was deep and touching. I remember when I had that mentality. I was wondering if you could take a look at my blog, read it, and help out in anyway that you can. Thank you in advance and pass along my information to anyone that may be able to help me. Thank you as I continue to strive to finish my degree and further my education. http://medschooldream.blogspot.com/

Lisa Lipscomb said...

Thank you for sharing this. It hit me at heart level.

jual jam tangan said...

nice post..

keep posting...

wow account for sale said...

Great!thanks for posting this one.

cybertrickz said...

yes thats all true!!!