Monday, April 9, 2012

Advice for Dads and Husbands

I was asked this question recently: What would be your top ten pieces of advice for Dads/Fathers?

My Response was:

1. Live for Jesus every single day in every circumstance.
2. Love your wife passionately.
3. Tell your wife you love her in the presence of your children.
4. Tell your children how special their mother is.
5. Spend significant time with your children.
6. Tell your children that you love them every single day.
7. Don't show favorites with your children.
8. Don't try to live vicariously through your children.
9. Speak Gods truth into your children every single day.
10. Be a strong spiritual leader in your home and guide your children toward Jesus.
11. Involve your children in mission/ministry on a regular basis.
12. Help your children to care for and love ALL people.

I know I was only asked for 10 but I had a hard time stopping!

For the Sake of His Name,

Craig

2 comments:

Onlythemanager said...

Hello. I was cruising through blogs looking for "thought-provoking" posts. I loved your advice for fathers! I am hosting my first blog hop and read that it was a good idea to jump start it by linking to other people's blogs. I linked to your's so that some of my readers might read your post! Keep up the good work.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hi, Craig! Some of Susan's readers DID stop by, I think. I am one of them. :)