Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mentoring Project Update

I am excited that we have a team of twenty three that have completed the Mentoring Project training as well as an orientation through Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Juan County. It is great to be in partnership with BBBS. They have an excellent staff and volunteer team. Would you consider being a friend to a child? Here is a statement from the BBBS Orientation Guide:
"Friendship is a powerful thing. It's fun, most anyone can be a friend and it's important. Experiencing fun activities together and forming a trusting bond with a child can have a powerful impact on the child."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As I scrolled down your page I was struck to see this picture of a young China man with the words, "pray for..." Oh how I wish someone cared that much about me. I've served God whole-heartily in the Baptist church for many years and all these years into this journey, I've never once felt like I was welcome or belonged there. Please try to impress upon the people that you're "reaching" how special they are to have your love for them placed somewhere for all to see. If only I was loved by my fellow man that way. It's ok though, it really is, because all of the people in this world couldn't love me as much as my Savior does, amen? God bless you and please don't quit your blessed works!!!!

Diane said...

It is so good to see that you are working with the mentor program. We have a mentor program at our school and the children love it. Most of our mentors are military and do a good job. They do change the life of our students.
Thank you